Acts4Youth is a nonprofit Christian organization that nurtures personal, social and spiritual development in at-risk Baltimore City youth through its mentoring programs. We are looking for an intern to work four to ten hours per week during the fall semester of 2018. The intern will work under the supervision of a marketing professional with more than ten years of experience to do the following:
- Put your knowledge of marketing into practice and grow your portfolio
- Develop an understanding of Acts4Youth and its unique mission
- Review what we are currently doing to market the organization through social media
- Help create a social media plan to increase awareness of our organization
- Assist with SEO and analytics for social media and the website
- Draft social media posts
- Take photos and videos and interview people to gather content for posts
Preferred skills and attributes:
- Knowledge of and experience using social media
- Ability to write to engage and inform
- Creativity and enthusiasm
- Willingness to take photos and videos and interview students, teachers, and others
- Students with coursework in public relations, marketing or communications preferred, but not necessary
Your schedule will be flexible and you can often work from home. You will communicate with the Marketing Director regularly to discuss plans and review your work. You will attend Acts4Youth program events to take photos and videos or gather information for posts, and attend other meetings and events for their training and educational value. Our office is located at 2nd Presbyterian Church in the Guilford area of Baltimore. The schools and churches where the programs are held are all within several miles of our office.
Please visit our website for more information about us: www.acts4youth.org. Contact Lesley Simmons, Marketing & Communications Director, for more information: email@example.com, 443-240-7007.