Marketing Communications Internship with Nonprofit Serving Baltimore City Youth
Join us this spring to enhance your skills, expand your portfolio, and help Baltimore City youth!
Acts4Youth is a nonprofit Christian organization that has been nurturing personal, social and spiritual development in at-risk Baltimore City youth through its mentoring programs for more than 10 years. We are looking for an intern to work four to ten hours per week during the spring semester of 2019. The intern will work under the supervision of a marketing professional with more than ten years of experience to do the following:
- Put your knowledge of marketing into practice and grow your portfolio
- Develop an understanding of Acts4Youth and its unique mission
- Interview youth in the Acts4Youth program to obtain quotes and other content
- Draft 2 to 4 social media posts per month
- Write one newsletter article each month showcasing a student or something happening within Acts4Youth.
- If interested, may also take and edit 1 or 2 videos each month.
Preferred skills and attributes include…
- Ability to write to engage and inform
- Creativity and enthusiasm
- Willingness to interview students, teachers, and others
- Students with coursework in public relations, marketing, communications, journalism, or writing preferred
Your schedule will be flexible and you will work from home, other than when you will visit the program or attend meetings. You will communicate with the Marketing Director regularly to discuss plans and review your work. Our offices are located at 2nd Presbyterian Church in the Guilford area of Baltimore and the schools and churches where the programs are held are all within several miles of our office. Please review our website for more information about our organization: www.acts4youth.org.
To apply for the position or for more information, please contact:
Marketing & Communications Director