Our Foundations pilot program, which will operate during the school day beginning in September 2017, could be the first of its kind in Baltimore.
- A4Y Staff will teach non-cognitive classes during the school day to students in grades 4-8 at Walter P. Carter Elementary/Middle School
- Classes will include teambuilding, conflict resolution, emotional intelligence, healthy relationships, and job preparation
- A4Y staff will help students and teachers with restorative practices after a conflict
- A4Y is completely funded through individuals and foundations and receives no funding through the school system
- This pilot program is designed to help schools address some of their most pressing needs and could lay the ground work for programs at additional city schools